28 Area Massage Envy Locations
8:00 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2012
MASSAGE THERAPY BENEFITS HOUSTON-AREA ON SEPTEMBER 19
One Day Healing Hands event raises funds for Arthritis Foundation
WHO: Massage Envy Houston partners with The Arthritis Foundation for Healing Hands, a one-day fundraising event.
WHAT: Each of the 28 Massage Envy locations will donate $10 from every massage booked to The Arthritis Foundation.
WHERE: The 28 area locations of Massage Envy
WHEN: Wednesday, September 19, 2012
HOW: More than one million Houstonians suffer from arthritis. Clinical trials have demonstrated that regular massage treatment offers osteoarthritis patients increases in flexibility and long-term mobility, as well as reduced pain. Houstonians can enjoy a therapeutic massage treatment and make a donation to The Arthritis Foundation at the same time.
To lend a healing hand, find a location and schedule a massage at 1-866-553-ENVY (3689). Or visit www.massageenvyhouston.com. Bookings begin August 3, 2012.
WHY: Arthritis a serious public health issue.
In Houston, more than one million adults and 5,000 children suffer from this disability.
• Nation’s most common cause of disability
• Affects one in five adults
• Highly prevalent and on the rise—by 2030, 67 million people in the U.S. are projected to have arthritis, up from 50 million.
• Contributing factors include inactivity, obesity, injury and the aging of Americans
• Arthritis carries a staggering price tag of at least $128 billion annually in medical expenses, lost earnings and reduced productivity.
• Arthritis plays a pivotal role with other major diseases and complicates their treatment.
• Arthritis is considered the number one disability in the U.S.