Houston, TX 77005
Saturday, Oct. 13, 2012
You're invited to celebrate two spooky weeks of trick-or-treating, costume wearing and hair-raising fun! Giant spiders, creepy critters, flying ghosts and wicked bats welcome you to a spellbinding adventure behind creaking doors as the Children's Museum of Houston (CMH) magically morphs into the Happy Halloween Mansion, Oct. 13-31. Guided by the dim lights of gaudy candelabras, wander through the Mansion's hallways in search of goblin goodies, terrifying trinkets and more!• Move your bones in the Thriller Dance Party at 3:30 p.m. followed by Trick-or-Treating from 4 to 6 p.m. every day!
• Wander through the spooky Pumpkin Patch and snap terrifying pictures. Whaaa!
• Fling tiny "pumpkins" into a target by engineering a Pumpkin-Pult, Oct. 13 - 17.
• Capture Creepy Creatures in Pictures with iPads.
• Play mad scientist and bring Franken-critters to life in the Mansion's Dungeon, Oct 27 - 31
• Pump blood through a model of a heart with Vlad's Blood Race & Jeepers (Cardiac) Creepers
• Bite into fun using hydraulics to make biting vampire mouths or jumping ghouls. Boo! Oct. 18 - 24.
• Come to the Halloween Spooktacular to enjoy live DJ, dancing, pumpkin decorating, trick-or-treating and more on Oct. 31!
Each exhibit will be transformed into its very own Halloween wonderland complete with thrills and chills! Upon arrival, the mansion staff will welcome you and "check you in" the Trick-or-Treat Scavenger Hunt. Follow the Spooky Hall and nab your own bag to decorate and collect your treats. Get into the howling spirit and Monster Call guests to join you with a buzzing device you create (Oct. 20 - 31). Come across odd characters with magical tablets during your visit. These tablets will capture Creepy Creatures in Pictures every day. Don't be afraid of what you might see ...But beware! These images will crawl up in your inbox!
Tour the Mansion and tippy-toe past the Bloodsucking Lair of giant parasitical bugs to the Mad Lab where you will ooze with amazement and ickiness as you experiment with Wiggly Worms, Slimy Orbs (Oct. 13 - 19) and take home a Slime Potion. (Oct. 20 - 31).
The last leg of your "stay" culminates with party, dancing and more during the Halloween Spooktacular on Oct. 31! Howl at the moon while you bask in Houston's ultimate Halloween party for kids. Come dressed in costume and let the ghoul times roll as you boogie to the hauntingly hip tunes of an undead DJ. Be sure to come dressed in your most boo-tiful or frightfully freaky costume! "Checkout" is at 8 p.m.
Note: We do our best to ensure all information is accurate. However, it's a good idea to visit the website listed or contact the organization or venue to verify event details.