Houston, TX 77010
Friday, Feb. 15, 2013
Kids | Family,
Outdoors | Recreation
Budweiser Hosts Three Days of Free All-Star Fun at Discovery Green!!
Thousands of avid NBA fans will convene at Discovery Green in downtown Houston, Feb. 15 – 17, as Silver Eagle Distributors and Budweiser present “The Budweiser Experience at NBA All-Star,” a free three-day basketball-themed event featuring appearances by and autograph sessions with NBA legends, Rockets Power Dancers and their mascot Clutch; a basketball court on the Jones Lawn for fans to hoop it up; the world-famous Budweiser Clydesdales and a portable sports bar. Admission to The Budweiser Experience at NBA All-Star at Discovery Green is free and open to the public. For a schedule* of the weekend’s activities, follow the action on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BudLightHouston. *All times are subject to change.
“The Budweiser Experience at NBA All-Star at Discovery Green extends the action to fans beyond the game,” says John Nau, president and CEO, Silver Eagle Distributors. “The lineup of free events and close proximity to Toyota Center will no doubt appeal to all basketball fans.”
Friday, February 15
4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
• Carl Anthony Payne, the comedic actor best known for his roles as “Cockroach” on The Cosby Show and “Cole Brown” on the popular FOX series Martin, kicking off the weekend’s festivities as the event’s master of ceremonies on the Budweiser stage.
• Who’s Got Game? - Think you have a killer lay-up or free throw? Head over to the basketball court on the Jones Lawn where fans will get the opportunity to demonstrate their awesome basketball skills for a chance to win great prizes.
• NBA Autograph and Photo Sessions* - Don’t forget to capture a moment with your favorite NBA player, including Tim Hardaway, Marcus Liberty and Greg “Cadillac” Anderson as well as Street Ball Legends and Rockets personalities.*Schedules are subject to change based on player availability.
Saturday, February 16
Noon – 5 p.m.
• MC Carl Anthony Payne – returns to host a day of great family fun on the Budweiser stage
• The B.U.D. Competition – Budweiser’s modern twist to the classic basketball game of “Pig” or “Horse”. Contestants will be randomly selected from the crowds to compete for an array of prizes and giveaways.
• Throw-Back Jersey and Dance Contest – Pull out that vintage jersey and head over to center court as 15 contestants dance the afternoon away in their favorite team jerseys.
• World-Famous Budweiser Clydesdales – Catch a glimpse of these Budweiser icons as the 8-horse team and red, white and gold beer wagon make their way to the park.
Sunday, February 17
Noon – 5 p.m.
• Autograph and Photo Sessions – NBA legends, Street Ball Legends and Rockets personalities will be on-hand to meet with fans.
• Rockets Trivia Guy – The popular figure at Rockets games will now be strolling the park testing your knowledge on fun Rocket’s factoids.
• Street Ball Legends Exhibition Game – Watch your favorite Street Ball Legend in action as they play on center court.
• Budweiser Clydesdales –Budweiser’s iconic 8-horse team and red, white and gold beer wagon return for a second appearance at the park.
Budweiser brand ambassadors will also be out in force at nearby bars and restaurants located along Washington Avenue, Midtown and downtown Houston. The venues will be serving Budweiser beer in a specially-designed All-Star 16-ounce aluminum bottle throughout the weekend.
And as you cheer for your favorite NBA All-Star, don’t forget to enjoy responsibly. As part of Budweiser’s effort to promote responsible drinking, basketball fans are encouraged to stop by the Budweiser Good Sport Designated Driver booth, located near the VIP tent at Discovery Green, where they can commit to being a designated driver for the weekend. To qualify, designated drivers must be 21 or older, have a valid driver’s license, pledge not to drink alcohol during the event and provide a safe ride home from the game for their friends and family.
For more information, visit Anheuser-Busch’s responsible drinking section to learn more about the Good Sport Designated Driver program at www.anheuser-busch.com.
About Discovery Green:
Discovery Green is a 12-acre park created by a public-private partnership between the City of Houston and the non-profit Discovery Green Conservancy. Since the park opened in April 2008, it has welcomed more than 2 million visitors and hosted more than 800 public and private events. Discovery Green is located at 1500 McKinney across from the George R. Brown Convention Center and one block north of Toyota Center. For a map and parking information, visit www.discoverygreen.com.
About Silver Eagle Distributors:
Silver Eagle Distributors, L.P. is the nation's largest Anheuser-Busch distributor and one of the largest Grupo Modelo distributors in the country. Silver Eagle employs more than 1,200 employees that serve 16 counties in Texas through operations in Houston, San Antonio, Conroe, Cypress and Rosenberg. Silver Eagle also distributes a broad selection of import brands, microbrews and craft beers and several non-alcohol beverages and waters. For more information, visit www.wideworldofbud.com; www.silvereagle.com; or www.craftbrews.com. The three-day event is FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC throughout the NBA All-Star weekend.