Houston, TX 77005
10:00 a.m. Saturday, April 20, 2013
Kids | Family,
Celebrate Mother Earth with hands-on activities, special guests and free tree seedlings during Earth Day.
For 44 years, Earth Day has inspired awareness and appreciation for the planet we call home. Spring into action and celebrate the wonders of the world during Earth Day at the Children's Museum of Houston. Make a big difference to protect the environment by learning about it.
• Water Bottle Birdfeeders: Make a birdfeeder to take home using recycled water bottles.
Event Time: 2 – 4 p.m. at Kid’s Hall.
• Trees for Houston: Take home free tree seedlings to plant in your backyard and receive tree cartons to decorate. (While supplies last)
Event Time: 4–6 p.m. at Alcove.
• Native Animal of the Week – Bald Eagle: Learn about our nation’s symbol at EcoStation.
• I Pledge To: Pledge to do one “green” thing in honor of Earth Day at EcoStation.
• Re-Usea-Palooza: Re-use recycle materials to create something new at EcoStation.
• 3-D Earth: Make a 3-D Earth souvenir to take home at Junktion.
• Texas Wildlife Symbols: Stop by Junktion and create a Texas-shaped guide of our wildlife.
• Recycle Pinwheel: Remind everyone the importance of recycling at Junktion.
• Earth Mosaics: Piece together your world at the Alexander Art Academy.
• Sources of Power: Where do we get most of our energy? Find out at Science Station.
• Turbines: Check out how rotating turbines create power at Science Station.
• Solar Car: How efficient is solar technology? Experiment with it at Science Station.
• Jump like a Frog: Check out math concepts found in nature at the ExxonMobil Math Cart.
• Good Catch!: By regulating the size of fish people can catch and keep, fish populations are kept in check so that they don't dwindle. Learn about it at the ExxonMobil Math Cart.
***Events, times and activities subject to change.
MUSEUM HOURS: Tues. – Sat.: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sun: Noon – 6 p.m.
Second Saturday of every month open at 9 a.m. for members.
Included with general Museum admission: $9 per person and $8 for seniors 65+. Children under one and Museum Members receive free admission.
Free Family Night every Thursday 5 – 8 p.m.