Houston, TX 77005
10:00 a.m. Thursday, April 11, 2013
Kids | Family,
Join us April 11-17 so we can show you the money with fun-filled financial activities and games!
Money may not "grow on trees" but over here at the museum fun and learning branch out from all areas! Come on over and have a blast while learning the basics of money and how to save it. Make sense of it all and find out why people work as you explore how the world revolves around money. Don't forget to stop by Kidtropolis, USA—a city for kids, run by kids where you get to use your very own ATM card! ON-GOING ACTIVITIES:• Playing Bank: Roll on over to Junktion and challenge your friends to a battle of wits. Use what you know about coins to decide which coins to choose based on a roll of the dice. See who can make the 25 cent mark first.
• Piggy Bank: Create and craft your own piggy bank at Junktion so you can start saving.
• Money Puzzle: Here’s a penny for your thoughts! Add up the value of different coins to make a magic square at Junktion!
• Mint Your Own Money: Here’s your chance to really be in charge of Kidtropolis, USA… by minting its own money! Stop by the Alexander Art Academy and design your own money.
• Go For Broke: Cash in on the action and zero in on the prize with this fun-filled money skills game at the ExxonMobil Math Cart.
• Bank it: Challenge your friends to see who can bank the most money in this exciting game of probability at the ExxonMobil Math Cart.***Events, times and activities subject to change. MUSEUM HOURS: Tues. – Sat.: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sun: Noon – 6 p.m.
Second Saturday of every month open at 9 a.m. for members.
Included with general Museum admission: $9 per person and $8 for seniors 65+. Children under one and Museum Members receive free admission.
Free Family Night every Thursday 5 – 8 p.m.
free with admission