Talks | Lectures,
The following 12 lectures will be presented throughout the day:- Hang out all day and lunch with the presenters and have fun with your fellow attendees!
PLUS - You will get your own login code to our web platform so can watch and re-watch your favorite lectures (or those you missed) at your convenience from your home or anywhere you have internet access.
1. Ancient Geometry - Explore the universe of the ancient geometer and investigate the surprising achievements of the ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans.
2. Hyperspace: Parallel Universes and Time Travel - A high-level look at the physics and the reality of some of the most intriguing and contested of all astrophysical topics. This lecture will mesh sci-fi and high-physics, utilizing the research of the world's top experts and physics "rock stars."
3. Fundamentals of Gemology - Learn about the world of diamonds, rubies and emeralds. Follow the path of precious gems from their natural state to how they end up in beautiful jewelry.
4. Exploring Nano-Technology - Learn, in a fun and casual format, about the most exciting developments in Nano-Technology and how these developments are changing the world. Nanotechnology is an exciting and still rapidly developing field that has current and potential real-world applications in many areas including medicine, energy and electronics. We will examine what nanotechnology really is, and how research is conducted at such a small level. Additionally, we will cover some of the already existing technology and how the field has progressed in recent years.
5. How to Buy a Diamond or Engagement Ring - Learn what you need to know before you make such an important and expensive purchase. You'll learn everything from what to look for, how much to spend and how to detect when you're about to be taken advantage of!
6. Einstein and Relativity Theory - In this engaging course you'll learn all about what relativity theory is all about. Presented for the non-scientist, this course is all about the concepts. Amaze your friends with your new found understanding of the most important revolution in physics ever!
7. Women in Science - Learn about the exceptional contributions women have made to the study and development of all sorts of scientific studies.
8. Scientific Paradoxes - Does such a thing exist? A Paradox in science? Explore this fascinating topic and investigate some of science's most intriguing and mind-blowing results.
9. Calculus for Everyone - No matter your mathematical aptitude, this course will present the fundamentals of Calculus in a fun and engaging manner. Surprise yourself and learn what you thought you couldn't!
10. Plato - Who is this Guy? - We've all heard the name but who is Plato really and what did he have to say? This course will present the core elements explored in several of Plato's most famous and influential works in a "not-at-all-stuffy" manner. Surprise yourself and become a philosopher!
11. Physics for Fun - A cannon is fired at a 45 degree angle with a initial velocity of 120 meters per second and lands after 20 seconds - how heavy is the cannon ball? Are you kidding me! No, seriously, trust us, it'll be a BLAST (get it). Presented in a humors way, this course is truly for everyone.
12. Good Ol' Algebra - This course is exactly what it sounds like. Refresh your memory in a fun and casual environment and get those math skills back!
All Day Pass - No Food Included 75.00
All Day Pass - With Lunch Included 95.00