Stephen Power Farish Hall
Houston, TX 77004
9:00 a.m. Friday, Oct. 25, 2013
Join UH's Center for Arts Leadership (http://www.uh.edu/class/ctr-arts-leadership/) and Project Row Houses in the local screening of the Creative Time Summit - "Art, Place & Dislocation in the 21st Century City." This annual conference in New York brings together cultural producers--including artists, critics, writers, and curators--to discuss how their work engages pressing issues affecting our world.
The prestigious group of speakers and panelists include:
- Critic and Writer Lucy Lippard - http://bit.ly/LLipard ;
- writer Rebecca Solnit - http://bit.ly/16ifjEI;
- Professor of Urban Theory Neil Brenner - http://hvrd.me/18vNPkX;
- artist Vito Acconci - http://bit.ly/14fG7rU;
- Artist/Curator Ana Maria Millan-http://bit.ly/153WNj9 ;
- Heidelberg Project Executive Director Jenenne Whitfield http://huff.to/1506STy ;
- artist/activist Mel Chin;
- and Houston's Project Row Houses Founding Director Rick Lowe;
- and a host of other international thinkers
a full schedule is posted here: (note times on website are Eastern)
At the Houston screening, you have an opportunity to process and respond with local artists, thinkers and professionals. Local attendees will be invited to share their responses to the Summit and the local conversations on the Center for Arts Leadership's website.
Friday, October 25: 9am - 6pm
Saturday, October 26: 10am - 5pmRegister today! Tickets are free.
FAQsWhat are my transport/parking options getting to the event?Visitor parking at the Stadium Garage is not far from Farish Hall. More details can be found here: http://bit.ly/16OqYBt Where can I contact the organizer with any firstname.lastname@example.org Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?No. Tickets help us understand how many people to prepare for, particularly during lunch times and breaks.
0.00 SummitScreening 0.00