We’ve all made our fair share of mistakes cooking the Thanksgiving meal. Here are 5 cooking hacks that might make this year’s time in the kitchen a little easier.
1. If you making any dish that needs boiled potatoes, (mashed potatoes, potato salad, etc.), there is no need to peel them. Boil them with the skin on, then put them straight into an ice bath. The skins will slide right off. Watch -
2. If you’re having a small gathering, there is no need to cook a whole bird. A turkey breast is faster and easier to make. 1 breast will feed up to 4 people, and 2 will feed up to 8.
3. Preheat your roasting pans. You know how you store your pans in the oven when you aren’t using it? (Yes, many of us do it). Just leave them in the oven while you’re preheating it, and things will cook faster. Great hack if you are roasting vegetables.
4. Instead of stirring and simmering your gravy, you can thicken it and get all the lumps out with a blender. Just google “gravy blender recipe.”
5. Use store-bought ingredients to your advantage. I know many people frown on using store bought items, but you don’t have to tell anyone. Make sure to throw away any evidence that anything was store bought. If it tastes great, no one will complain!
-- Doug O’Brien
©2021 Cox Media Group