How many cups of coffee do you need to get going every morning? Let’s not forget about sodas and caffeine drinks to help wake you up. I can tell you that I have at least 2 Dr. Peppers before I head out the door. Don’t judge, that’s what it takes for me to be a productive employee and to use a filter on brain so every thought I have doesn’t come pouring out...haha...A new survey looked at the average cups of caffeine we have a day, the percentage of each state’s residents that drink caffeine, and Google searches for coffee (caffeine) near me. Here are the results.
Most Caffeinated States
Least Caffeinated States
The Most Interesting Findings
- Vermont is the most caffeinated state in the US.
- Oregon searches “coffee near me” more than any other state.
- While cold weather might tempt you to drink a hot coffee more, overall caffeine consumption is not tied to north or south.
- On average New Mexico residents drink 2.4 cups of coffee a day- more than anywhere else.
- 48% of Mississippians drink a soda or sugary juice every day.
- The least caffeinated state is Delaware.
After reading the survey, I’m way over the “average” caffeine amount. Is it just me or do you drink more than 2-3 cups of coffee a day? Could you make it through your workday with less caffeine? Share your thoughts in the comment section. I need to get a fresh cold Dr. Pepper!
-- Doug O’Brien